How to I place a hold on a book?
Last Updated: Jun 02, 2017 | 3 Views
Was this helpful? 0 0
How to place a request (hold) on an item:
- From the Catalog page search for the item you want.
- Your search will either pull up the exact record OR a list of titles.
- If you have a list, double click on the title you want to pull up the record.
- Click on the "Request button."
- Enter your name, barcode, and choose a pick-up location.
- Click on the "Submit" button.
- You will get a message that your request is successful."
- When your hold/request is ready for pick-up you will received an email or telephone call. Email is the fastest method, followed by telephone. To use email notification, log-in to “My Account” and select “Modify Personal Information” and type in your email address. You will also receive “almost” due and “overdue” notices via email.
- The items is held for 10 days. If you do not pick up in 10 days,the item will go to the next person in line or, if no holds, returned to the shelf.