How do I return an ebook or audiobook checked out from Overdrive?
Once you download a title, you may be able to return it using the software or app that you used to download it. Here are specific steps for:
- Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) for Windows or Mac (EPUB and Adobe PDF)
- OverDrive for Windows (desktop) (MP3)
- OverDrive for Windows 8 (EPUB and MP3)
- OverDrive for Android (EPUB, MP3, streaming video)
- OverDrive for Chromebook (EPUB and MP3)
- OverDrive for iOS (iPhone/iPad/iPod touch) (EPUB, MP3, streaming video)
- OverDrive for Windows Phone (EPUB and MP3)
- Amazon's website (Kindle Books)
- When a NOOK periodical (U.S. only) is successfully sent to your NOOK account, it's yours to keep. You don't have to worry about returning it to your library, and you'll never be charged for it. Click here to learn more about returning NOOK periodicals that aren't successfully sent to your NOOK account.
- You can't return downloaded Open PDF eBooks before the end of the lending period.
- You can't return any titles using OverDrive's desktop app for Mac.
- You can only return a streaming video that you've watched (partially or completely) if you've added it to OverDrive's app for Android or iOS.
- You can only return downloaded Open EPUBs from OverDrive's app for Android, Chromebook, iOS, or Windows 8.