What do I do when I am having a download problem with an ebook or audiobook?
We want you to have a great ebook and audiobook experience. But, we all know that sometimes things don't go right. Both the vendors and library staff will do our best to help.
The list below contains the questions we will need to ask you in order to troubleshoot your problem. To save time, supply the answers when you send an email, whether to the vendor or to our Ask Us! reference page.
- Vendor (EBSCOHost, OneClick, Overdrive, Safari Tech, etc)
- Library card number (21157 ...)
- Title(s) of problem download(s)
- Steps to reproduce the problem
- Exact text of any error messages
- URLs of any error pages
- Applicable software (Content Media, OneClick Media, etc.)
- Operating system (Mac® OS 10.6.5, Windows® 7, iOS v4.2, etc.)
- Internet browser (Internet Explorer® 8, Firefox® 3.6, Safari 5.0, etc.)
- If applicable, device type (Android™, BlackBerry®, iPhone®, iPad®, etc.)
Each vendor has a Help page with contact information and response time is 24-48 hours but most of time it is much shorter. Some of the download sites are in Beta, meaning that there are apt to be glitches as the bugs are worked out and vendors appreciate your input.
Your patience is greatly appreciated.