Q. how do i set up an author for a preferred search?
Preferred Search is a feature that allows you to stay informed about new materials added to the Alameda County Library collection. You can be notified by e-mail when a new book by your favorite author comes in. A preferred search can be for an author, a subject, or even a key word.
To create a preferred search list:
- Log in by clicking on the "My Account" button and enter your name and barcode.
- Click on the "New Search" button.
- Choose the type of search you want. For example, if you wish to be notified of new books by an author, select the author search option. (Example is using John Grisham.)
Type the information in the search box & click on the "Go" button.
- (Please note John Grisham's main entry contains 109 titles. Not all authors will have multiple entries).
- Click on Grisham, John -- 109 entries.
- Click on the "Save as preferred search" button.
- Now click the "My Record" button - this takes you back to your account. Click on the "Preferred searches" link to view what you saved.
- Check box in the "Mark for email" column and then click on the "Update list" button to save your information.
- When the library receives material noted in your preferred search, you will receive an email.