Q. How do I return a Kindle ebook?
If you finish your Kindle eBook before it is due, you can easily return it early.
- In the browser, go to www.amazon.com and sign in to your account (make sure it's the same Amazon account you used to check out the book.)
- Move your mouse to the menu in the upper right corner labeled "Hello [your name] Accounts & Lists." When you move your cursor over it, a menu will pop up.
- Scroll down until you see "Your Content and Devices." Click on it.
- You will be directed to a list of all of the content on your Kindle. The default list view is books arranged in chronological order from newest to oldest, so your eBook should be near the top.
- Find the title you want to return. The word "" in orange letters will be next to the title on the right.
- Find the small square box to the immediate left of the title. It has an ellipsis "..." in it. Click on the box.
- A pop up box will appear. Find "Return this book" and click on it. You will be asked to confirm that you wish to return the book. Click on "Yes."
- A confirmation message will pop up on the screen. Your book is returned.
If you still need help with this (or any other eResource question) please feel free to contact us through the email form here.