Q. What is Link+ (Link Plus)? How do I use it?
Link+ (Link Plus) is a free interlibrary loan service that allows Alameda County Library patrons to request books, audiobooks, CDs, DVDs, Blu-rays, and VHS from a cooperative network of over 60 Link+ member libraries throughout California and Nevada.
Library Cardholders can request any books or media unavailable from Alameda County Library and have them delivered to their local library.
- Requested items usually arrive within 4 days and will be held for up to 10 days.
- The loan period for books is 3 weeks with 1 renewal if there is no one waiting.
- Renewals can be requested within 3 days of due date.
- The loan period for media items varies from 1 week with no renewal to 3 weeks with one renewal, depending on the lending library. Most 1-week media lending libraries have “7-day check out, no renewal” stickers on the covers of their media, but to avoid unwanted fines, please pay extra attention to this detail.
- There is a fine of $1.00 per day for late returns.
- Patrons may have 15 Link+ transactions at a time.
- Please note: there is a charge of up to $115.00 for lost or damaged materials.
To request an item through Link+
If your Alameda County Library catalog search shows that we don't own the item that you would like to borrow, use the Link+ button in the lefthand sidebar under Other Sources or click the Show Results link.
This will open a new window showing your search results at all participating libraries within the Link+ system.
Click the Request It button for the item you'd like to request, then select "Alameda County Public" from the dropdown menu on the next screen. On the next pop-up, enter your name, Library Card number, then choose your desired pickup location and click Submit.
You'll be contacted by email, phone, or text as soon as your requested item is available.