Q. How can I renew my items?
Need more time with your recent checkouts? Most Alameda County Library items can be renewed twice, which you can do online or by phone 24/7.
To Renew Your Items Online
- Log into My Account.
- Click Items currently checked out from the lefthand menu.
- This will display all the items you currently have checked out. Click the Renew box next to each item that you would like to renew, then click Renew Marked. Alternately, you can select Renew All.
- The new due date(s) will appear in the Status column. If your renewal request was not successful, a message will display here.
To Renew Your Items by Telephone
Have your library card number and the barcode numbers for the items you wish to renew ready, then call 510-790-8096 and follow the automated instructions.
Reasons Why Your Renewal Wasn't Successful
Unable to renew? Your renewal request might not have been completed for the following reasons:
- Another patron has put a hold on the item.
- Your library fines or fees balance is $10.00 or more.
- An item on your record is ten or more days overdue.
- The item has already been renewed twice.
- Your library card account needs to be updated.