Q. Can I add someone to my account?
For your convenience, Alameda County Library allows Library Cardholders to add authorized users to their account by submitting a completed Additional Users Authorization form to library staff. These forms are available at each location's Circulation Desk.
An Additional User can:
- Check out the primary patron’s holds
- Borrow and request items on the primary patron’s account
- Pay fines
- View borrowing records and account balance
To access the account to which one is an approved user, the Additional User must do one of the following:
- Present the primary patron’s library card
- Present an approved form of ID, know the name and address of the patron, and be listed as an approved user on the account
- Please note: Exceptions to the ID requirement may be permitted for Additional Users aged 13 and under
Revoking Additional User access must be done in person or in writing. Additional Users Removal forms are also available at each location's Circulation Desk.