Q. Can I receive a reminder notice when my holds are ready or my items are due?
You have the option to receive courtesy, overdue, and hold pickup notices by email or by phone. In addition, Alameda County Library also offers SMS text notices through Shoutbomb.
What kinds of notices does the Library send?
- Courtesy notices are sent three days in advance of your item's due date.
- Overdue notices are sent 10 days after your item's due date.
- Hold pickup notices are sent the day your requested item becomes available.
- Hold cancelation notices are sent if your requested item is no longer available.
- Outstanding library charges statements are sent after an item has become billed after 21 days overdue, or if a previously billed item has been returned (as an account adjustment).
To set or update your email or phone notification preferences:
- Sign in to My Account and click Modify Personal Information.
- Confirm that your phone number(s) and/or email address are correct.
- Choose whether you would like to receive your notices by email or telephone.
- You can also sign up for SMS text notices here.
- Click Submit.
To sign up for Shoutbomb SMS text notices:
- Text the message SIGNUP to 510-694-1380 and reply with your card number, or...
- Sign up online here.
Not receiving your notices?
Sometimes our notices won't make it to your voicemail or inbox, and for a variety of reasons. Here are four steps you can take to help ensure you receive your library notices:
- Log in to My Account, click Modify Personal Information, and make sure that your provided contact information is correct.
- Consider adding a second email address here by adding a comma after the first email address then immediately following that with your second email address.
- For example, email@example.com,firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sign up for Shoutbomb text notices using the instructions listed above.
- Add email@example.com to your contacts or trusted senders lists so that our notices don't end up in your spam folder.
Please remember: Alameda County Library provides phone, email and text reminder notices as a courtesy. As a library cardholder, it is your responsibility to return your materials on time or to contact us whenever that is not possible.