Q. How do I use Acorn TV?
I'm confused about how to get started with Acorn TV. Do I have to choose the show I want when I check out?
Acorn TV lets you check out one week of unlimited viewing of any of the shows and films they offer. You can access Acorn through the Alameda County Library RBdigital Site, but you might find it easier to get started at the Acorn TV launch page.
The first time you use Acorn TV, you will need to set up an RBdigital account if you don't already have one. If you already use RBdigital to view other video, read eMagazines, listen to audiobooks, or read comics, you can just use the same account. You will also be prompted to set up an Acorn TV account.
To use Acorn TV follow these simple steps:
- Go to the Acorn TV launch page
- Click on the blue "Get Started" button
- You will be prompted to sign in to your RBdigital account. If you don't already have one, you can create one at this time. You will need your library card number and an email address.
- Once you're logged in, you will be prompted to create an Acorn TV account. Your email address will be populated from your RBdigital account. Create a password. If this is not the first time you're coming to Acorn TV through RBdigital, you will be prompted to go to the Acorn site.
- You will now be redirected to the Acorn TV site. For the next seven days you will be able to watch any video on that site. You will receive an email to remind you when your checkout is about to expire.
- Check out for another week if you wish.